making madness

019

I have been rather busy being creative over the last couple of days.

Just getting on with it, rather than getting distracted by other things. Some of it meant Niblet having to get on with his own thing, which he is not brilliant at (unless it’s CBeebies – but even then he gets bored after a while).

On Monday we had a parcel, which reduced Niblet to tears as he ‘never gets any thing in the post’. But, when he had calmed down, he decided we should turn the box into a police car. So that’s what we did – straight away.

I got the box of bits (junk) from upstairs and we looked for things we could use to make our police car. Bottle tops, bits of cardboard, silver foil, plastic stars all came in handy.

Of course, now I’m just getting on and making things I don’t remember to take in progress photos, just the finished article!!

009

005

He also wanted a traffic light and roadworks sign to hold up. So we did them too, with assistance from Grandpops.

Last week, when I went to pick Niblet up from nursery he showed me round all the different areas. He was particularly taken with the mark making area; in the past week or 2 he has also brought home some pictures that he has done at nursery (he has been there for over a year and that is a first!!) So I decided I’d get him a desk caddy and make a little mark making area for him.

I have a great, cheap wooden desk caddy that looks like it came from IKEA – very basic but functional and probably cheap. But when I went to look on Monday, they only had 2; both were more than I wanted to pay and neither were really suitable for a 3 year old.

So I made one!! (I know 2 things in 2 days –  watch out for the fever!!)

Again, I was more focused on making, than photo-taking.

013

011

037

Not bad for a few old cardboard boxes, a kitchen roll tube and some ‘sticky back plastic’ (I should be on Blue Peter).

He used it all yesterday evening and again when he got up this morning.

As you see from the top photo I have also been trying out party ideas. I thought I should have a go at the pom-poms to see how easy they were going to be and how much tissue paper they used up.

Super easy, as it turns out, and although my instructions said 12 sheets of tissue, I looked online at other tutorials and many said 8 sheets. As the IKEA tissue comes with 4 sheets of each design, I cut each in half to make 8 sheets.

It could be a but fluffier at the top, but as it’s hanging from the ceiling no-one will see that bit.

I’m really happy with it, but can’t make any more until the few days before the party as I’ll have nowhere to store them.

I have also cut out more paper circles…. more still to go!!

 

 

◊           ◊          ◊          ◊          ◊           ◊           ◊           ◊           ◊           ◊           ◊           ◊

I have recently become aware of adverts appearing at the bottom of my posts. These are nothing to do with me, I don’t know why they are there or indeed how to get rid of them. I apologise.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s